Child Support Defaulters Beware No Payment No Car Reg

The Quander Law Firm PLLC

A new law that is scheduled to go into effect in September 2016 will affect those who are currently on child support.

The Texas Attorney General and the Department of Motor Vehicles have partnered up to ensure that those who are 185 days behind in child support will be lawfully prohibited from renewing their car registration.

Currently, your driver’s or professional license may be suspended for failure to pay child support.

If you are more than 185 days behind in child support, you may be eligible for a payment plan. Contact the attorney general’s office for more information.

Additionally, it may be in your best interest to speak with an attorney regarding your possible child support options.

An expired registration can subject you to traffic fines and violations. Be responsible. Take care of your child support obligation.

Visit Us

Bellaire Office
6300 W Loop S #405

Bellaire, TX 77401

Phone: (832) 930-7139 Fax: (832) 934-4013


Ms. Quander was hired to assist me in filing my divorce and did a magnificent job during the process. Ms. Quander was highly professional...

Erin Quander provided excellent services as my legal representation in my divorce. As stressful as that situation is in general, Ms. Quander provided sound, professional advice and legal council to facilitate the divorce as smoothly as possible...

Alan C.

Attorney Quander is a breath of fresh air. Hiring her was the best decision for my family. I hired her to represent me in my divorce. She was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. She was an advocate for me every step of the way. She...

Yinka J.

I had a great experience working with Ms. Quander on my divorce case. It was very important for me to find someone that was not only knowledgeable in family law but that would also be caring. She gave me great advice and made sure that I knew...

Vi T.

Contact Us

Schedule a Consultation. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a one-hour consultation, please fill out the form below and our office will contact you within 24 hours.